Cincinnati Bell Java Developers – Plano in Plano, Texas
Java Developers – Plano
Java Developers – Plano
October 10, 2017
CBTS has partnered with a large global software company to identify Full Stack Java Developer (Cloud experience highly desired) for a DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY based in the Plano, TX area (Dallas, TX).
Some highlights on the role to keep in mind:
-Client will pay for any travel costs associated on the interview process onsite
-Client will pay for relocation if selected
Job Description: Software Engineer – Senior
Client offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software products to support full life-cycle digital design and manufacturing. This position contributes to developing and delivering the City Solutions that will be based on a cloud based IoT platform and application suite.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic Digitalization of Cities across the world, to help improve Resource Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The cross domain City Solutions will be based on proprietary IoT Platform, and other applications as needed. These Solutions will support establishing the platform as the Operating System for City Infrastructure across various domains such as Energy, Power, Transportation, Ports, Airports, Logistics, Building Technologies, Healthcare etc.
As a high-performing member of the team, you will be expected to design, develop and test. As a member of the team, you may also take on roles related to test framework design, dev ops solution, etc. depending on the needs of the team and your ability to contribute.
Design and development of the features and modules for City Solutions, working closely with stakeholders and development teams to ensure delivery of a high quality product.
• Design software solutions based on requirements and architectural /design guidelines
• Implement features and/or bug-fixes in accordance with coding guidelines
• Deliver solution in a fully automated continuous integration approach and on-time with high quality
• Identify and implement unit / integration tests to ensure solution addresses customer requirements, quality and security requirements of product.
• Perform code review and create/ support for relevant documentation (requirement/design/test specification).
• Ensure integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
• Perform regular technical coordination / review with stakeholders and ensure timely reporting and escalations if any.
• Provide software estimates, own responsibility for technical deliverables.
• Support scrum master in effort planning, ensuring risk identification and initiating steps towards risk mitigation.
• Proactive contribution to the team as a whole to ensure a product is delivered successfully and with high quality
• Continuous learning and growing
• Mentoring and teaching other team members in your areas of expertise
• Work closely with different global MindSphere team to be able to effectively design, build & deliver Solutions
• Support and enable the field with Commercial and Partner Solutions, so that they can effectively sell and deploy
Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other supplemented with real world programming experience
• Software Development Experience – 4+ years
• Web/Cloud Development Experience – 1+ years
• Agile Process Experience – 1+ years
• Good analytical, debugging and tracing skills.
• Ability to learn / dive in into the technology trends and to explore them in practice to implement PoC
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
• Experience in providing technical leadership to multiple teams
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with TDD and excellent understanding of automated testing approaches
• Experience in IOT and big data & analytics
• Experience in Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, Hadoop, MongoDB, and Micro Services knowledge will added advantage.
• Experience working with unit testing frameworks like JUnit, Selenium, Mockito
• Bring something special to the team, like: Success as a technical leader, project leader, supervisor, dev ops, testing framework design, major test initiative design, or scrum master and a willingness to use this experience/skill to make the team stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled