Cincinnati Bell Platform Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio
The Platform Engineer provides strong technical, analytical and communications skills for the management and administration of Dedicated and Hosted environments. Responsibilities include day-to-day system administration including the monitoring of systems, security, performance, back-up/restore and configuration changes.
Other duties include implementing new products or services, perform preventative maintenance, resolving operational problems to Windows and VMware and providing tier 3 technical support to enterprise customers. The Platform Engineer will troubleshoot and solve Microsoft and VMware related problems at the architect and engineer level.
Reporting to the Manager, Platform and Backup, the Sr. Platform Engineer will be responsible to follow proper ITIL processes ensuring all tasks performed are ticketed and documented. The Sr. Platform Engineer must understand the commitments involved to each Customer through their respective run books.
- Responsible for installing, administering and optimizing dedicated VMware infrastructure components and related technologies.
- Interface with the Storage team to provision new storage
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining the Hosted VMware infrastructure including performance tuning and reporting.
- Responsible for installing, administering and optimizing Windows servers and components and related technologies.
- Plan and implement server installations, upgrades, routine maintenance and vendor-supplied patches in accordance with established Information Technology (IT) policies and procedures.
- Managing the day to day administration, support, maintenance and monitoring of Virtualization infrastructure
- Work with the Network team to design and implement required connectivity between the VMware infrastructure and the customer environments.
- Responsible for installing, administering and optimizing various VDI implementations.
Responsible for administering and maintaining virtualization layer replication technologies including SRM, Zerto and Veeam
Monitor, take ownership, and complete tasks and projects assigned via ticketing/ITSM management
- Review alarms escalated by the NOC
- Administration and pro-active management of a 24 x 7 production environment
- Prioritize and respond to Service Desk tickets as appropriate; provide timely response to escalations in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Design, deploy, manage & troubleshoot common TCP/IP applications (including SMTP, DNS, HTTP, etc.) as well as strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocol;
- Works with other staff in functional or cross-functional teams to meet goals, objectives, and responsibilities
- Maintains a professional demeanor in conducting job duties and accepts accountability for their performance.
- Fosters a team atmosphere within the OnX Managed Services delivery team by interacting with others in an honest and straightforward manner, listening to and valuing the opinions and ideas of others, sharing knowledge, and helping others to accomplish goals
- Develops and maintains technical and professional skill levels including technical certifications and ongoing skills training.
- Provide training to other staff members in areas of specialty.
Cincinnati Bell and Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at(513) 841-6310 or send an email email@example.com. If you should have any difficulty, you may use our alternative methods to express your interest in employment. A wonderful career awaits you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.