Cincinnati Bell Network Engineer III in Cincinnati, Ohio
Network Engineer III
The Network Engineer III will provide network configuration and administration as a member of the CBTS network team. Responsible for implementation and support of network devices along with network design. Responsible for on call/escalated support for operations of CBTS managed customer networks.
• 50% - Routing/switching/security – The configuration, support, and troubleshooting of complex customer environments that encompass multiple datacenters.
• 20% - Load balancing/Wireless – Supporting existing customers and the escalation point for teir II questions and issues.
• 20% - Network Design – Design and build datacenter networks.
• 10% - On call support for the above.
Four years of College resulting in an Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Experience / Background
8 to 10 years
Accreditation / Certification / Licenses
• CCIE recommended
• Juniper certifications a plus
• F5 certifications a plus
Previous Job Experience
• Network Operations and Administration, Internet Architecture, Statistical Analysis
Special Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Cisco is the main focus but Juniper, Brocade, Fortinet and F5 are also required
• Experience with BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP with ISPs or large corporate LAN/WANs
• MPLS VPN and VRF design and configuration.
• Site-to-site VPNs along with client VPNs
• IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting
• LAN/WAN technologies including STP, QOS, NAT, SNMP, multicast, etc.
• Securing networks with ASAs and IOS devices
• Troubleshoot complex networks to identify root cause issue
• Linux experience
• Experience with packet capture programs – Wireshark
• Communication / Customer skills
• Cross-training other team members to broaden the knowledge base within the team
Cincinnati Bell and Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at(513) 841-6310or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you should have any difficulty, you may use our alternative methods to express your interest in employment. A wonderful career awaits you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.